Today I’d like to talk about how to turn prospects into customers and retain them for future marketing. While, your marketing is doing its job, you must be working on turning those prospects into customers. There are a few key ways to draw them in and seal the deal.
You must be:
Most new customers fear the dreaded buyer’s remorse. You want to avoid this at all costs! Mitigate this by providing a quality product/service that delivers on the marketing claims you’ve made.
Even with the proper intention and information, it can can still occur. There are two ways to deal with this:
- Offer to refund money-no questions asked
- Offer a bonus they can keep even if they return the product
When making these types of offers, you build increased trust while mitigating buyer’s remorse with your customer.
There are number of other ways to turn a prospect into a customer:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market
- Offer a lower price with a reason and you don’t have to lie: pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your kid’s’ braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love when you are vulnerable and show that you are actually human.
- Offer a referral incentive
- Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust
- Offer package deals
- Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer
- Offer extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date
- Offer financing options, if applicable
- Offer a bonus if they pay in full
- Offer special packaging or delivery
- Offer “name your own price” incentives
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have
- Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision
The options are really as limitless as you make them. You can use these or other ideas to find what works the best for your business, products/service and target market. Remember this…
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.” – Jay Abraham
Need help with figuring out the best strategy for converting prospects into customers? Our GUIDED TOUR gives you exclusive access to the mountain of resources and tools, along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds on Earth.